Bluetooth Speaker Buying GuideNovember 2020
1. What is a Bluetooth Speaker?
Bluetooth Speakers are portable speakers which lets you play music wirelessly using the Bluetooth Technology. They are also known as Portable Speakers and are gaining popularity day by day due to the convenience they provide us.
2. What are the benefits of buying a Bluetooth Speaker?
Bluetooth Speakers offer convenience by playing music wirelessly through a cell phone/laptop (or other sources). No hassles of wire tangling and related disruption if any. Benefits being:-
1. They are portable – This is the prime reason for the sky rocketing sales of these speakers since their invention. As they are small in size and light compared to traditional speakers they are portable. Carrying them between rooms, rood trips or to the pool is a breeze.
2. They are Convenient – Portability along with the absence of wires equals to convenience. You get to control them at a distance of upto 15m. (means you can play your song from the adjacent room). Also the freedom to move the source (mobile/laptop) without causing any disruption is a wonderful feeling.
Bluetooth Speakers offer a good buying proposition with the benefits they provide and will certainly appeal to those wanting a light, portable and convenient speaker experience. We feel it is an product that you should own for the benefits they provide.
3. What are the features to consider in a Bluetooth Speaker?
4. How do I select the best Bluetooth Speaker for me?
The i.e Size Segment will be your main factor for selection. We have mentioned different requirements that you would have and what to see as seen below:
1. Use in small rooms: This category would represent those who would want the speaker as a replacement for mobile and laptop audio. The environment would mostly be limited to indoors and no scare of water splash.
As you can already predict, the mini speakers would be ideal for such a requirement. Battery life of 5 hours would be sufficient given the indoor environment and higher scope of charging them frequently. Speakers with water resistance will be an 'extra feather in the cap' as then it enables you to carry your speakers even to wet areas like bathrooms (will assist your bathroom singing sessions).Speaker with calling feature can be opted for as it would suit the relatively quiet small room environment.
2. For use in and around the house: This category would represent those with the purpose of listening to audio inside the house and even the outsides like veranda, swimming pool, garden (you can imagine the others). Battery life of 5-8 hours would be sufficient again as you are in and around the house. A more powerful speaker will have to be opted for with a Wattage of at least 16W as you will be using it outdoors. Go for one which is waterproof and dust proof.
3. For Outdoor Use: This category would represent the section who use them for outdoors like pool parties, get togethers, general parties, road trip celebrations etc. In outdoor conditions we need to consider some factors while basing our decision. The speakers will mostly be played in places with lot of background noise, wind sounds which can overpower the sound from the speakers if they are weak. Hence a powerful robust speaker is the one that has to be looked at so that it produces sound with power and clarity.
Ensure you get a speaker which has dedicated drivers for lows i.e. it includes a dedicated subwoofer. Go for a high wattage speaker that your budget allows. Size and weight have to be given low priority here as bigger and heavier speakers will generally have better construction and dedicated drivers which will give good results. Long Battery life will have to be given priority and around 16-20 hours would be the range to look at. Wattage will also be very crucial and the largest that your budget allows should be opted as you want your speaker to dominate and overshadow any surrounding disturbances. The speakers should be water resistant at a minimum as there may be probability of exposure to liquids. An impact protection would be a welcome addition. Ensure that your speakers can pair with other speakers to amplify the effect as this will be useful outdoors.
We have handpicked Bluetooth Speakers which we recommend as the best in their category. Click below to go through the Top Picks for Bluetooth Speakers.